Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Assistant Manager of Slopes & Trails is responsible for assisting the Manager in the oversight of all operations within the Slopes & Trails department and summer equipment operators and projects. This includes budget oversight, all safety training and compliance, all departmental training and staffing for winter grooming and summer equipment operations.
- Support the Grooming Manager and Snow Surfaces Director as required by providing direction, leadership and expertise to the entire Beaver Creek snow cat operation.
- Partner with the Grooming Manager to hire, train, schedule and supervise performance management/evaluations of all staff.
- Receive guidance from the Mtn Ops leadership to understand, organize, and communicate the grooming priorities on the mountain that are dependent on the time of season with grooming supervisors and crews. This includes helping to develop and construct the daily Grooming Action Plan.
- Attends any/all mountain operations meetings for a better understanding of the bigger picture in order to prioritize department needs, including filling in for Grooming Manager and Snow Surfaces Director as directed.
- Help to create, manage, and share all required Microsoft and Google documents for the Slopes & Trails department. This includes Mountain Ops Drive, GAP, Grooming Report, EOS Evaluations, and compiling all Grooming Reports at the end of the season for a coherent picture of the season’s grooming efforts.
- Support the vision of the department by navigating and analyzing all SNOWsat data with the goal of communicating these learnings to the crews to help drive change in efficiency, production, machine wear and fuel usage.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with all associated departments on Beaver Creek Mountain, especially Fleet Maintenance, Race, Snowmaking & Mountain Dining. Be comfortable working with outside contractors and agencies, i.e. USFS, CO 811, etc.
- Partner with the Grooming Manager to ensure compliance with all mandated company and department policies and procedures including safety guidelines. Understand VRI Company policies with regard to property loss, Workers Compensation, and VRI equipment operation.
- Communicate all department related issues to the Manger of Grooming in a timely fashion as well as assist to maintain departmental oversight and budget.
- Must be able ski/ride daily for up to 8 hours at a time, in all conditions.
- Others duties as assigned including occasionally operating heavy equipment as required.
- High School education or equivalent
- Previous experience as a groomer or heavy equipment operator required.
- Previous knowledge of Beaver Creek Mountain preferred
- 3-5 years supervising or managing staff preferred.
- Valid driver's license required
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Peoplesoft)
- Read, write, comprehend and speak English
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to communicate verbal directions over the radio.
- Ability to work long hours in winter conditions, including weekends and holidays.
- Expert skier or rider.
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 176153