|Location||Buena Vista, CO|
|Date Posted||February 12, 2019|
Sports, Fitness & Recreation
AVA Rafting & Zipline: River Guide l
Location: AVA Rafting & Zip Line has three outposts located throughout the state of Colorado. Those three locations are Buena Vista, Idaho Springs and Kremmling
Schedule: Seasonal full-time
Pay Rate: According to pay scale of river mileage and sections checked out on, +7% end-of-season bonus upon completion of contract
Now Accepting Applications for the 2019 Summer Season!
Are you someone who loves adventure? Do you enjoy meeting new people from around the world? Do you want to get paid doing something you love? Do you prefer to spend your time outdoors? Guiding with AVA is the opportunity to spend your days on the river surrounded by Colorado's natural beauty and introducing our guests to the thrill of whitewater. Every day you'll be giving someone a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Not sure how to become a river guide? AVA's guide school will teach you everything you need to guide rafts, entertain your guests and react to all of the situations you might encounter on the river. We train with the intent to hire.
- Successfully complete AHRA approved guide training program, AVA's Guide School or have completed certified guide school elsewhere
- Demonstrate outstanding guest service and professionalism at all times to surpass guest expectations
- Maintain distinct understanding of the guide's integral role in creating the very best guest experience, and take responsibility for this role at all times
- Possess current First Aid and CPR certifications
- Commit to work for entire season, including all weekends and holidays
- Able to work as productive and positive member of team
- Able to work outdoors for long days in diverse weather conditions
- Have a high physical fitness level
- Over 18 years of age
- Be involved in at least one department (transportation, safety, training, property, equipment) at your outpost
- Help maintain quality and cleanliness of outpost, including picking up trash
- Have strong camping and wilderness skills
- Enjoy working with a variety of people in an active environment
- Have a well groomed presentation
- Work positively and effectively as part of a team environment
- Adhere to AVA policies and procedures and understands AVA core values and mission
If you are interested in joining the AVA Team this summer, then please apply today! AVA strives to deliver the very highest level of guest service while bringing awareness and understanding of the surrounding wilderness to our guests. As leaders in our industry, we set examples in safety, professionalism, outdoor skills and guest service, while providing low-impact environmental recreation. Apply Today!
AVA Rafting & Zip Line is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.