|Location||Buena Vista, CO|
|Date Posted||February 12, 2019|
Sports, Fitness & Recreation
AVA Rafting & Zipline: Zipline Guide
Job Title: Zipline Guide
Location: Idaho Springs, CO or Buena Vista, CO
Now Accepting Applications for the 2019 Summer Season!
Are you someone who loves adventure? Do you enjoy meeting new people from around the world? Do you want to get paid doing something you love? Do you prefer to spend your time outdoors? Guiding with AVA is the opportunity to spend your days surrounded by Colorado's natural beauty and introducing our guests to the thrill of ziplining. Every day you'll be giving someone a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Not sure how to become a Zipline Guide? AVA's guide school will teach you everything you need to guide zipline tours, entertain your guests and react to all of the situations you might encounter on the course. We train with the intent to hire.
When you join AVA, you'll immediately understand why we love what we do. In addition to guiding world-class adventure tours, you'll enjoy free
access to our products, as well. That includes zipline tours at two locations and whitewater rafting on four rivers. Other perks include discounted shuttle services with our sister company, Peak 1 Express, and discounted rafting and zipline tours for friends and family!
Job Overview: To guide AVA operated zipline tours. This position is responsible for ensuring the safety and exceptional experience for all zipline guests.
Job Duties and Expectations:
- Zipline guides must successfully complete AVA’s 7-day zipline training course
- At the end of this training guides must demonstrate knowledge of and the ability to perform the skills and rules required by AVA and set forth in the ACCT standards
- Guides must also demonstrate outstanding guest service and professionalism at all times to surpass guest expectations
- Maintain distinct understanding of the guide's integral role in creating the very best guest experience, and take responsibility for this role at all times
- All guides must be able to work outdoors for long days and be very flexible with being on-call during our busy season
- Must also be willing to work in diverse weather conditions
Required Experience & Skills:
- Possess current First Aid and CPR certifications
- Commit to work for entire season, including all weekends and holidays
- Able to work as a productive and positive member of team
- Able to work outdoors for long days in diverse weather conditions
- Have a high physical fitness level
- Over 18 years of age
- Be involved in at least one department (transportation, safety, training, property, equipment) at your outpost
- Help maintain quality and cleanliness of outpost, including picking up trash
- Enjoy working with a variety of people in an active environment
- Work positively and effectively as part of a team environment
- Adhere to all AVA policies and procedures and understands AVA core values and mission
If you are interested in joining the AVA Team this summer, apply today! AVA strives to deliver the very highest level of guest service while bringing awareness and understanding of the surrounding wilderness to our guests. As leaders in our industry, we set examples in safety, professionalism, outdoor skills and guest service, while providing low-impact environmental recreation. Apply Today!
AVA Rafting & Zipline is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.