|Location||Copper Mountain, Colorado|
|Date Posted||July 11, 2019|
Sports, Fitness & Recreation
|Work Hours||Job Status: Regular - 10 months|
Exciting opportunity for full-time, 10 month, salaried position with benefits. Competition Department Assistant Manager is a career and goal oriented position that will lead and produce the highest levels of event operations. Assistant Manager will work closely and report directly with the Competition Manager to ensure seamless, efficient quality events.
Responsibilities include managing and leading the Department's Supervisors, Foremen and Crew on a daily basis. Individual will implement professional levels of event safety, pre-event preparation work, event operations, construction and disassembly.
Strong work ethic, outdoor orientated individual with 5+ years of actual snow sports competitions, event or industry experience is required as well as experience managing crews and employees. Knowledge of snow sport venue set-up is also required. Candidate must be able to direct and build A and B Net protection systems, run timing, build structures, and provide support for officials/teams/guests with the goal of customer satisfaction.
This leadership position is responsible for directing crews for major event development, production, maintenance and removal. High level skills required for producing competitions that include: Early season US Ski Team Speed and Tech Venue with high volume Oct.-Nov. Team training, NORAMS Tech and Speed, Grand Prix, Big Air/Halfpipe, FIS Alpine, Rev Tour, USASA Nationals, Special Olympics, SIA, RMS, RMF, concerts, festivals and other Resort activations. Some USSA, USASA, USSCA, etc. certifications necessary. Certificate in First Aid required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Add value to the Copper Mountain front-line team, the Competition Department and resort partners by being enthusiastically engaged from start to finish. Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills. Can manage people in a positive, constructive manner.
- Provide support to department leadership in department decisions and direction. Attend inter-departmental meetings.
- Directs Competition Department Supervisors, Foremen, Admin and Crew in all aspects of operational and guest services. Ensures crew has proper certifications and operate under company policy and oversees employees on tasks, operations, safety, orientation, scheduling, company policy, and guidelines.
- Ability to quickly address and resolve any concerns with Race Crew personnel or operational issues in order to meet established Race Department Goals and Objectives. Ability to hire and fire employees, implement guidelines for employee behavior and institute Corrective Action plans.
- Ensure prompt daily attendance of department employees according to schedules. Reviews employee time keeping for accuracy.
- Create and implement Event operation plans and assist with designing and maintaining budgets. Can be assigned the responsibility of overseeing all operations for a specific event.
- Ability to work long hours and days, most of it spent outdoors in a high alpine environment.
- Be a role model for new & returning employees and be a positive, constructive example to others.
- Ability to lead construction of safety systems with significant knowledge of A, B, C and other protection systems.
- Ability to lead, educate and direct department employees on the construction, repair and maintenance of scaffolding, communications systems, tents, stages, ponds, jumps, bumps, timing and other event infrastructure.
- Creates outstanding competition guest experiences during all event operations.
- Be forward thinking, efficient, punctual and follow the plan when involved in operations during pre-event construction, actual event production and post-event removal and storage. Ensure our team is creating the most efficient event possible.
- During events, focus on keeping employee safety, venue, snow maintenance, etc.to highest standards. Work closely with Event officials and other resort departments, including meetings with other departments and resort customers.
- Maintain a professional profile with event officials, employees and competition guests.
- Demonstrate problem solving with a professional demeanor when under pressure and tension arise. Can diplomatically handle circumstances if problems escalate in a professional and competent manner with solutions.
- Oversee the Competition Volunteer Foreman and Administrator, coordinating and assigning on-hill Crew tasks along with their other responsibilities.
- Create a system for equipment inventory so that it is organized and maintained. Require Crew to take care of all equipment and maintain it as if it was their own. Reports loss, damage or necessary needs.
- Accept any special duties assigned by Manager that may include other departments. Cooperates with other departments and understands their needs and concerns. Be a Copper Mountain Team player.
- Safely operate and educate others in the use of power equipment, timing software, communication lines, NASTAR, etc. Safely operate and educate others in the use of snowmobiles, vehicles, power equipment, technical equipment, etc. Adheres to all company polies around their use.
- Has the highest integrity when handling cash, etc. and demands the same of employees.
- Works closely with the Competitions Manager to ensure proper staffing levels of employees on a daily, weekly and monthly basis for all scheduled events and daily operations.
- Ensures that all aspects of event preparation are completed on a timely basis.
- Oversees maintenance of all event venues, to achieve maximum usage, safety and production with the goal of guest satisfaction.
- Follow all Corporate and Department SOP's. View the work environment in a way to ensure the safety of our staff and competition guests. Completely know and follow company rules and procedures.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- All salaried team members are expected to participate in the company's Front Line Assist program to assist in operations as needed, as well as to participate in Leadership events such as meetings, required trainings, and participating in employee dinners/events
- Lead department in tasks and projects overseeing 2 Supervisors, 2-3 Foreman, and 10-20 Crew.
- Oversee Volunteer Foreman/Coordinator ensuring Event Volunteers are organized and that the Foreman is assigned normal Crew tasks when available.
- Oversee Department Administrator and that the Administrator is assigned normal Crew tasks when available.
- Role model to department and event professionals.
- Career and goal oriented.
- Team player, able to work productively in a team environment.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity.
- Expects accountability and responsibility from employees.
- Is able to handle confidential information.
- Displays excellent communication skills. Can speak to groups.
- Operates in the best interest of department and resort guests at all times and takes time to understand general guest issues, questions and problems.
- Professional appearance. Adheres to grooming guidelines and leads by example with other employees.
- Follows established policies and procedures. Is supportive of Company Core Values. Sets the example for others. Understands established policies and procedures and is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish.
- Makes it a habit of responding to people as soon as possible.
- Can handle fast-paced, potentially high-pressure environment.
- Is flexible with hours and days of work. Is able to work any hours of the day, days of the week, including holidays. There will be some OT during major events.
- Works well with little supervision. Is a strong leader.
- Takes the variables and fluctuating work responsibilities acting as a leader, especially during difficult situations.
- Able to separate business and personal life (professional boundaries)
- Performs all other job related duties as assigned.
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Must have the ability to work in extreme winter weather condition for 8+ hours. Environment is at 10,000' - 13,000'.
Must be able to ski all terrain and locations on the mountain.
Computer skills including use of Word, Excel, etc. Additional familiarity with Timesaver, ADP, RTP and other business programs necessary.
Safely use and instruct employees in the operation and maintenance of snowmobiles, trucks, snow blowers, tools, power equipment, etc.
Current upper level USSA, PSIA/AASI, USASA (or equivalent) certifications including USSA certificates in at least one of referee, timing and calculations, COC, COR, RA, judging, etc. required. Must pass Safe Sport Certification.
Due to our dynamic environment, candidates must be open-minded and ready to learn new skills.
In addition, upon hiring, Assistant Manager will begin to attend applicable training if required.