|Date Posted||August 4, 2018|
Restaurant - Food Service
The Cook I is responsible primarily for preparing food, and secondarily for cooking food to be served for the Cooper Lodge Cafeteria, Katie O’Rourke’s Pub, the Top Mountain Yurt, and Chicago Ridge Tours. This position complies with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards, and follows established food production programs and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepares and cooks food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards.
- Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to Director.
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes
- Apportions food for serving.
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
- Completes food temperature checks before service.
- Any other tasks assigned
The Cook I position is based primarily inside, but may also be outside exposed to temperature extremes (above 85 degrees and below 20 degrees), sun and wind exposure, inclement weather (rain, snow, ice) and high altitudes (10,500+ feet).
Must be able to walk on even/uneven/slippery terrain, climb/descend even/uneven/slippery terrain, climb/descend stairs, stand and/or sit for long periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, and lift objects that may be heavy.
Good interpersonal skills
Ability to take direction and perform duties efficiently
Ability to communicate clearly and politely with guests and employees alike
Ability to work well in a team environment