Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center. Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO, includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient care of any hospital across the country.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, being part of an amazing team, and four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep. Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off, health insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement, which can be viewed here.
Pay range for new hires: $22.96 - $36.74 /hr
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition team will help you understand how your direct experience will be considered.
Prepare and serve appealing, appetizing and nourishing food to the residents, staff, and visitors.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Prepares meals in accordance with planned menus.
- Assists in inventory and receiving food supplies.
- May provide on the job training and orientation programs for dietary personnel as directed by the supervisor.
- Assists in cleaning of the department by daily cleaning and per schedule.
- Demonstrates purposeful service excellence through exceeding patient and coworker expectations.
- Represents the department/hospital as a dedicated, courteous, and responsive employee
- Records pertinent documentation in accordance with regulatory requirements, professional standards and hospital policy.
- Adheres to federal, state and hospital rules and regulations concerning HIPAA privacy and security.
- Follows Hospital compliance plan and policies, including the Code of Conduct.
- Participates in required training for compliance related activities (HIPAA, Compliance, Patient Safety, TJC, etc.)
- Reviews menus prior to preparation of food and documents any menu substitutions
- Prepares and serves meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance and prepares food for special requests.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary kitchen. Cleans all equipment, dishes, and utensils after use. Cleans items as needed and per cleaning schedule. Follows established rules of the kitchen.
- Follows proper fire and safety procedures, established infection control protocols and universal precaution policies and procedures.
- Follow established safety regulations in use of equipment and supplies and reports any accident/incident or hazards to manager, appropriately responds to emergent situations involving residents.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional decision making and professional growth.
- Participates and contributes to departmental meetings and activities.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- One to two years of experience in dietary department preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work independently required
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English required