Pay range for new hires: $ 17.25 to $ 27.60
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition team will help you understand how your direct experience will be considered.
PRN Benefits: As an employee you will be eligible to purchase discounted bus passes for transportation to and from work, discounted ski pass options, 457B, and also participate in a number of AVH hosted programs including cell phone discounts or computer software.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, being part of a very cohesive & supportive team, and four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep. Our comprehensive benefits package, which can be viewed here, includes generous paid time off, health insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement. You will also be eligible to purchase discounted bus passes for transportation to and from work, discounted ski pass options, 457B, and a number of AVH hosted programs including cell phone discounts and computer software.
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center. Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO, includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient care of any hospital across the country.
Under supervision, assists with preparation and service of meals to patients, staff, visitors and outside contracts.
- Consistently maintains high standards of personal hygiene, facility and equipment sanitation and cleanliness in all work practices. Complies with department policies and procedures, the local Health Department and Joint Commission standards for safe food handling including: appropriate labeling and dating of all foods, avoiding cross contamination, proper temperature maintenance of all foods, consistent hand washing, appropriate use of gloves and hair restraints.
- Performs daily cleaning in all work areas (specifically the café front line and dining room) by washing counters, tables, equipment, emptying trash, picking up newspapers and so forth. Assures areas are sanitized, clean and pleasing to customers.
- Maintains competency on all equipment and departmental procedures. Demonstrates purposeful service excellence through exceeding patient and coworker expectations.
- Assists in patient meal service by following room service policy and procedure. Checks diets according to diet sheet and calls nurses station for clarification if needed. Works to assist in meeting needs for modified diets and special requests if able. Communicates menu needs to appropriate staff for preparation.
- Accurately assembles cold food items for patients, café salad bar, and outside contracts. Dishes and garnishes desserts for quality presentation. Makes appetizing sandwiches and assures salad bar is fresh and filled with a variety of items.
- Assists with meal service including preparation of outside contract meals, serving customers in the cafeteria, and preparing and delivering trays when ordered through room service system.
- Handles multiple tasks in the café to efficiently serve staff and visitors. Cooks short orders on the grill, makes milkshakes and serves all needs of the customer in the cafeteria. Prioritizes work to assure smooth operation during busy meal times.
- Operates cash register accurately and understands pertinent aspects of POS system including setting up new accounts and applying payments. If register goes down, knows how to re-boot and call IT for help if needed. Counts cash in drawer and maintain adequate change.
- Assists with catering preparation as instructed by the cook.
- Assists dishwasher and takes responsibility for dishes in their absence. Retrieves dirty tray cart from PCU, collects leftover staff and patient trays, and carts from catering events to bring back to kitchen for cleaning. Scrapes, sorts, stacks, loads and unloads dishes from the dish machine to the proper place of storage.
- Safely operates and maintains a variety of kitchen equipment including ovens, grills, toasters, blenders, slicer, etc. Writes work orders as needed, communicates problems to manager and others, and works with engineering to assure follow-through on work orders.
- Performs daily stocking of supplies to the kitchen, patient kitchenettes, café front line and dining room. Consistently stocks each area adequately for the next shift, working ahead if time permits.
- Assists in putting away and rotating incoming stock. Assures stock is put away during shift or within 24 hrs.
- Previous experience in food service preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Food service environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, or temperature.
- May be exposed to communicable diseases through normal or careless performance of responsibilities.
- May be exposed to mechanical dangers associated with mechanical devices.