Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Do you have passion for delivering a digital experience that is effortless for your customer? Do you want to be challenged by your peers to be a better leader? At Vail Resorts, we strive to provide the Experience of a Lifetime for our guests by continuously investing in our employees. We are seeking an experienced Digital Product Owner who can connect the business needs with consumer behavior to unlock new revenue opportunities using our digital platforms.
The Digital Product Owner is responsible for managing multiple initiatives within the “planning and booking” phase of the guest journey across all digital platforms including our resort websites and EpicPass.com. This individual will develop business requirements, meet with stakeholders, document process flows, create wire frames, write product specifications and lead projects through development, QA, User Acceptance Testing and launch. We are looking for a digital thought leader that has a strong grasp on best in class website UI design, digital trends, and the competitive landscape to inform the product vision. This person will also be responsible for conducting pre/post launch analysis to measure success of project and identify additional optimization opportunities.
The Digital Product Owner is an influential, cross-functional team leader responsible for driving significant and sustainable business growth by optimizing the user experience resulting in higher conversion. The candidate should have an understanding of human factors and design principles, able to leverage data to build a business case, and have a strong understanding of digital technologies to design, prototype, test, and bring digital products to market.
- Create objectives, strategies and apply data to help inform and make business decisions
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience, along with a basic understanding of system integrations and dependencies to implement scalable solutions
- Translate business requirements into user stories for the development teams to implement
- The Digital Product Owner represents the “voice of the customer” as well as business stakeholders by maintaining and prioritizing the project backlog to ensure that the team is working on stories that maximize business value and deliver necessary fixes and functionality for our guests. This role will focus on large complex initiatives that span Resorts, Retail, and Hospitality.
- Create and test digital prototypes
- Versed in conducting consumer research and usability studies to inform digital customer experience design decisions.
- Forward thinking and exploring emerging digital trends
- Identify product gaps, process improvements, and solutions
- Help to build and execute upon a product roadmap
- Leverage data (web analytics, industry data) to build business cases.
- Minimum of five years of experience in marketing, business development and/or business strategy, including a minimum of two years of experience in e-commerce or online marketing, with responsibility for user experience development/management, e-commerce, online marketing and/or online business strategy.
- Strong understanding of website standards, usability, site design, and ecommerce preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, including experience presenting to senior-level audiences.
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to collaborate well across functions and departments, to work as part of a team, and to lead teams in achieving goals.
- Experience managing many projects simultaneously to successful execution. Familiarity with the travel industry and the online travel customer decision-making process is helpful.
- Active interest in skiing, snowboarding and travel is helpful.
- Travel to our various resorts and lodging properties will be required
- Excellent project management skills.
- Understanding of WCAG 2.0 compliance and building ADA accessible websites.
- Experience with website localization for multiple languages or currencies.
- Experience implementing Personalization on a digital platform
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 204167