Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Keystone Property Management is the premier property management company in Keystone, Colorado, providing on site management services to homeowner associations, individual homeowners and guests of our resort. The properties and guests we serve span over 50 different buildings across Keystone, making for a dynamic, fast paced and fun work environment.
The Guest Service Specialist travels around the resort executing a variety of duties. These duties vary depending on the needs of our guests on any particular day, and range from delivery of welcome amenities, light maintenance duties, to assisting a guest with a lock out or luggage delivery, to simply delivering additional towels and coffee. There are ample opportunities to interact directly with our owners and resort guests, having a lasting impact upon their vacation experience.
- Provide exceptional service to homeowner associations, homeowners and guests.
- Efficiently and safely balance priorities to execute on duties in a timely manner.
- Positively interact with guests as you perform your nightly duties and deliveries.
- Work independently to complete assigned duties, while constantly communicating broader team about priorities, successes and challenges, and expect the team to do the same, so that all team members are successful in executing nightly duties and deliveries.
- Experience in a service position preferred, ability to demonstrate strong passion for guest service a must.
- Strong verbal communication skills needed.
- General computer knowledge and comfort using smart phone apps, as all tasks are dispatched/managed/completed on a mobile app.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record required.
- Ability and commitment to drive in adverse weather conditions with the utmost regard for safety.
- Familiarity with maintenance and building systems a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- In person or video interview strongly preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and comfortably move in and out of a vehicle, safely across snow and up and down stairs.
- The schedule is four 10 hour shifts per week. 2pm - Midnight.
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options for adventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest service is the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 184478
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties:
• Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
• Expert knowledge of the operation and maintenance of lifts based on the manufacturer’s manual and the codes regulating lifts.
• Working knowledge of welding and fabricating, rigging, hydrostatics, fall protection, and NDT process.
• Proficient with computer programs: Microsoft Suit; work order management system (HIPPO)
• Ability to locate and diagnose problems, plan and perform necessary repairs and report major problems to leadership.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and courtesy
• Scheduling-ensure strategic and effective scheduling of self, staff, maintenance, and projects.
• Manage, maintain, and document inventory.
• Oversee scheduling, conducting and documentation of all lift and coaster inspections with appropriate agencies.
• Assist in the development program and training of lift and coaster operators, providing safety and efficiency guidance to the department managers.
• Responsible for review and maintenance of lift and coaster files.
• Ensure that lift and coaster stations, tools, equipment and shop areas are kept clean and in good operating condition.
• Oversee the diagnosis and repair mechanical problems relating to the lift and the coaster.
• Responsible for quality assurance on all work performed.
• Oversee the performance of preventative maintenance and repairs on aerial lifts, coaster, and other potential elements.
• Responsible for ensuring that the lift and coaster are compliant with ANSI, ASTM, NARSO, etc. rules and regulations.
• Responsible for conduct, training, Lift and Coaster Maintenance Department Policies and ensuring paperwork and procedures are completed in a timely manner.
• Responsible for long term development of all lift and coaster maintenance personnel
• Responsible for development, communication and execution of summer and winter maintenance programs, winter maintenance programs to include inspection of work performed to maximize lift safety and reliability.
• Ensure that all records required by Anakeesta, state and national authorities are maintained and kept up to date
o This includes but is not limited to, all mechanical and operational procedures, daily maintenance, operational logs, lift/coaster failures and incidents.
• Oversee proper procurement and completion of all needed development permits.
• Research, source, and order parts as necessary for maintenance and repairs as needed.
• Prepare daily reports of the systems operations logging all systems and their operation as defined in a daily task/safety log with assigned mechanics
• Conduct daily safety procedures, weather condition assessment and any needed maintenance, before providing an “all clear” or any other recommended action to the MODs and Guest Services Manager regarding operation.
• In collaboration with the Operations Leadership Team, develop emergency procedures and evacuation training for appropriate personnel.
• Using hand tools, wrenches, grinders, drills, presses, chain and cable hoists, welding equipment, cutters, will trained assigned personnel as to the proper maintenance of all equipment, including the use of parts and tools provided by Leitner-Poma.
• Must be able to perform complex tasks including: diagnosis/repair of hydraulic, diesel, gearbox, generator, tool and hardware fabrication, and electrical control systems.
• Maintain Chondola cabins/chairs and all associated equipment, as well as training assigned mechanics in the safe operations of all equipment and conduct training for Lift operators in operating chair lift.
• The Main focus of this position is maintenance of the aerial lift designed and installed by Leitner Poma, however you will be required to work with the entire operations team in various capacities to support business operations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Lift/carry equipment in excess of 40 lbs to shoulder and carry up scaffolding, work in all types of outside weather and comfortable working at heights
At least 5 years of previous experience as a Lift Mechanic in the operation of cable lifts, ski lifts and other such equipment and preferably with equipment manufactured by Leitner-Poma or such similar equipment.
Previous experience in training mechanical personnel.