Western Colorado’s Garfield County Public Library District is primed and ready for its next big step forward! We achieved financial stability in 2020 with the passing of a major funding ballot initiative, and our team has made significant strides to deliver on our promises to the Garfield County voters. We’re looking for a leader who can help us build our level of professionalism; define and achieve excellence; and guide our six-branch library system to become an employer of choice within our community and in the field of public libraries.
Visit our website at https://www.gcpld.org/about-us/jobs to read the full job description and to apply online. We’re accepting applications through February 11.
- A high caliber individual that can lead with emotional intelligence (EQ). It's critical that
you can empathize with others, invest in a team atmosphere, diffuse conflicts when
they occur, and trust staff to carry out important tasks.
- Develops and implements strategic goals and objectives.
- Communicates clearly and concisely, especially with preparation of presentations,
reports, correspondence, policies, procedures, and other written materials using a
variety of computer systems and software applications.
- Effectively manages workplace diversity, and understands, celebrates and serves
- Collaborates, takes initiative, and fosters a culture that encourages innovation.
- Conducts complex research projects, evaluate alternatives, and makes sound
- Maintains a personal commitment to providing exceptional public service.
Relevant master's degree required.
Master of Library Science (MLS) or Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) preferred.
Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive library experience, with at least four (4) years in a leadership capacity.
Three medical plans to choose from; dental, vision, and disability; District contribution to your retirement account; investment in your professional development; and paid time off.