Natural Grocers is hiring a Grocery Assistant. Do you have a passion for helping people? Do you believe that you can change the world with your food choices? How about nutrition; do you like to learn and help people live healthier? Yes? Well, do we have the job for you! The Grocery Assistant is responsible for assisting the Grocery Department Manager in the successful operation and profitability of the Grocery department.
- Birthday Bonus Pay
- Vitamin Bucks (up to $2,080 earned as store credit annually)
- Holiday Pay for 5 Holidays – Stores Closed
- Paid Time Off (sick days and vacation) that Increases with Tenure
- Paid Nutrition Education
- Employee Discount 10% - 30% off in store purchases
- Advancement Opportunities and Career Development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
Full-Time Crew Members (30+ hours/week)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Medical Leave (through company paid short-term disability insurance)
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan (401k) with discretionary Company Match
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with Company Match
Here at Natural Grocers we don't see ourselves as just another run of the mill grocery store, no way, we are much more than that! We have a purpose here and we are all committed to seeing our customers, communities, and planet get healthier as we strive for the highest food quality standards. We were rated one of the Cleanest Grocery Store from Consumer Reports in 2020. Not to brag or anything, but you won’t find anyone, anywhere beat our food quality standards- seriously. Our Good4U Crew Members carry this passion and mission every day.
- 18 years old or older
- 6 months of retail store experience
- Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds
- World Class Customer Service Skills
- Open Availability for store hours Monday - Sunday
- Able to work in a nicotine & fragrance-free environment
Recipe for Success:
- Providing World Class Customer Service as a number one priority including initiating customer contact, engaging customers and following through
- Exemplifying integrity, responsibility, and excellence and adhering to all policies
- Creating inviting, full and shoppable departments
- Assisting the grocery department manager in ordering for the grocery and bulk departments and maintaining accurate inventory levels
- Assisting the grocery department manager in managing margin, COGs and overall department profitability including minimizing shrink and maximizing effective purchasing.
- Ensuring all in-stock products/conditions meet company standards
- Offering and following up on special orders
- Merchandising shelves, endcaps and dynamic displays
- Assisting in managing as well as participating in tagging, facing, rotating, cleaning, markdowns, stocking, and backstock
- Assisting in training and monitoring of department personnel including assigning and following up on tasks
- Conducting active and passive demos
Natural Grocers is a natural food store founded in 1955 because we care — we care about the environment, we care about the health of our communities, and we care about our crew. We have unique & fun benefits, and we are committed to creating a Diverse and Inclusive environment for our crew. Natural Grocers strives to create an environment where each crew member feels encouraged to show their unique selves.
Grow your career with Natural Grocers. Apply Today!