|Date Posted||July 24, 2018|
Providence is calling a Health Coach (Endocrinology Center, Day Shift, 0.2 FTE/8 hours per week) to Providence Medical Group in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Be the liaison between the Providence Medical Group (PMG) providers, educators, and patients, specifically to support the implementation and maintenance of the Persistent Pain Program.
- Provide continuity of care guidance for patients with chronic diseases and/or risk factors.
- Perform patient teaching, patient self-management, coaching and planned care management.
- Provide teaching to patients/families relating to patient's diagnosis, pathology, medical treatment plans, discharge information and document accordingly.
- Ensure coordination for referrals for specialty care.
- Utilize appropriate resources to gather data regarding patient care needs.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited university
- Health coach certification from American College of Exercise, National Consortium for Credentialing of Health and Wellness Coaches, National Society of Health Coaches, or another recognized credentialing agency
- Two to five years of experience in a health coaching role
- Excellent facilitation, team building, and education skills
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited university in a health related field (exercise science, community health, or health promotion)
- Experience in dealing with patients with persistent pain
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group includes over 30 primary care, specialty clinics and healthcare groups throughout western Montana focused on treating patients at all stages of their lives. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Health Plans
Req ID: 197545