Pay range for new hires: $ 20.99 to $ 33.58
Night and weekend shift differentials up to $6 per hour!
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition team will help you understand how your direct experience will be considered.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, being part of a very cohesive & supportive team, and four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep. Our comprehensive benefits package, which can be viewed here, includes generous paid time off, health insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement. You will also be eligible to purchase discounted bus passes for transportation to and from work, discounted ski pass options, 457B, and a number of AVH hosted programs including cell phone discounts and computer software.
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center. Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO, includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient care of any hospital across the country.
The Outpatient Clinics Medical Assistant provides clinical care to patients under the direction of physician and nursing staff. In addition, assists with front desk responsibilities including complete and accurate registering of patients, completion of consent for treatment form, obtaining of insurance information, scanning, and charging responsibilities including collection of payment at time of service as appropriate. Practices exceptional customer service, answers phone, assists in maintaining office supplies, and assists with the daily operations of the clinic. Communicates and coordinates information in a knowledgeable and courteous manner with staff, patients, and families. Medical Assistants in the outpatient clinics will float between all outpatient clinics depending on staffing needs.
- Assists physicians and nursing staff with patient care including measuring vital signs, obtaining medical history, preparing patients for examinations or procedures, performing point of care tests, obtaining blood samples, administering medications as directed by a physician, and monitoring for changes in patient condition during visits. Provides discharge instructions to patients and their families to coordinate care.
- Assists with the efficient flow of patients through the clinic by maintaining clean and stocked exam rooms and setting up for procedures. Updates patients and others as appropriate of delays or changes in scheduling.
- Answers telephone calls promptly and courteously and responds to requests and messages in a timely manner. Takes accurate messages, relays/forwards messages to appropriate personnel, and refers callers to appropriate personnel as needed. Assists with follow up phone calls after appointments or when patients have questions.
- Maintains medical records for clinic including preparing charts for new patients and scanning records of patients post visit. Ensures accurate documentation including completion of all required forms and legibility of all documentation.
- Performs accurate registration ensuring that information is 100% accurate and complete. Ensures all compliance requirements have been met and the registration is properly created for anticipated billing including copying/scanning of insurance cards and other forms of identification.
- Performs cash collections at time of service and properly enters information into computerized billing system. Assists nurse and physician with correct charge entry. Confers with RN/MD as needed to clarify charges. Assists medical records and billing with obtaining all necessary documentation.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and organized environment of care and facilitates work flow of the clinic by maintaining open lines of communication, anticipating staffing and patient needs, and collaborating with colleagues to problem solve and meet the operational needs of the clinic. Assists with ordering and restocking of supplies and ensuring adequate office and clinic supplies are available.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- BLS certification. May be obtained upon hire.
- Certified Medical Assistant or Certified Nursing Assistant preferred.
- Current, unrestricted certification or licensure as an EMT in Colorado, or ability to obtain, preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish