|Location||Copper Mountain, Colorado|
|Date Posted||July 11, 2019|
Sports, Fitness & Recreation
Provide direct support for on-mountain restroom facilities in a sustainable way that meets the needs of Copper Mountain Resort's guests. Support the function of on-mountain composting toilets through maintaining and enhancing the biological breakdown process. Enhance Copper's landfill diversion through servicing on-mountain recycling collection points and assist with food scrap composting program. Participate in conservation advocacy and outreach by generating social medial posts that support Copper's Play Forever sustainability initiative. Serve as a conservation/sustainability ambassador and role model to fellow employees and resort guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide hands on maintenance of on-mountain restroom facilities through daily cleaning and upkeep.
- Ensure on-mountain restroom facilities are adequately stocked with essential supplies and present a clean and welcoming appearance to resort guests.
- Support the functional operation of on-mountain composting toilets by providing hands on maintenance of biological breakdown process.
- Investigate and implement new methods to enhance the biological breakdown of waste generated by composting toilets.
- Decrease environmental footprint of on-mountain restroom facilities by investigating alternate "green" cleaning chemicals and implementing best practice solutions.
- Support Copper's waste reduction goals through monitoring and adaptation of on-mountain trash and recycling to fit the use patterns of resort guests.
- Provide direct support for Copper's waste reduction goals by servicing and empting on-mountain trash and recycling.
- Ensure personal, team, and guest safety while skiing/snowboarding to and from individual on-mountain facilities.
- Proved ski/snowboard transport of on-mountain trash and recycling from collection sites and ensure proper processing of these materials.
- Adhere to all workplace safety rules and apply a risk minimization approach to skiing/snowboarding and while participating in on-mountain related duties.
- Advance Copper's food scrap composting program by assisting Food and Beverage teams with empting food scrap compost containers.
- Provide friendly and helpful interactions with resort guests and serve as a sustainability and conservation ambassador.
- Develop and implement an independent conservation based project that falls in line with Copper's Play Forever initiative.
- Support Copper's culture of conservation and sustainability through weekly participation in social media advocacy and outreach that falls in line with company sustainability objectives.
- Participate in monthly sustainability "Play Forever" team meetings and assist with volunteer and staff coordination.
- Support the integration of companywide sustainability "Play Forever" initiative by serving as a knowledge resource and conservation role model.
- Assist the Resort Operations and Mountain Operations teams on an as needed basis.
- Help tell Copper's conservation story of the past, present, and future.
- Assist in the development of new solutions to existing conservation challenges through systems thinking, innovative application of new technology, and social behavioral change.
- Help ensure that Colorado's next generations of skier/snowboarders call Copper Mountain home.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Must have a valid US Driver's License
High School degree or equivalent
Bending, reaching, climbing
Visual concentration on equipment
Concentrated reading and writing
Rapid reaction to physical changes (operating equipment)
Extended periods of outdoor exposure
Extreme heat and sun exposure
Variation in temperature from hot to cold
Advanced Skiing/ Snowboarding Level