Natural Grocers is hiring a Nutritional Health Coach. Are health and wellness your driving force? Do you believe that you can change the world with your food choices? How about nutrition; do you like to learn and help people live healthier? Yes? Well, do we have the job for you! Nutritional Health Coach (NHC) position is a dual multi-faceted position, which emphasizes employee/customer education, sales and promotion, community relationship building, and retail operations. As the store’s nutrition professional, the primary responsibility of the NHC position is to provide science-based nutrition education/training to the store crew, our customers and the community as a whole, and drive store sales.
- Birthday Bonus Pay
- Vitamin Bucks (up to $2,080 earned as store credit annually)
- Holiday Pay for 5 Holidays – Stores Closed
- Paid Time Off (sick days and vacation) that Increases with Tenure
- Paid Nutrition Education
- Employee Discount 10% - 30% off in store purchases
- Advancement Opportunities and Career Development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
Full-Time Crew Members (30+ hours/week)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Medical Leave (through company paid short-term disability insurance)
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan (401k) with discretionary Company Match
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with Company Match
Here at Natural Grocers we don't see ourselves as just another run of the mill grocery store, no way, we are much more than that! We have a purpose here and we are all committed to seeing our customers, communities, and planet get healthier as we strive for the highest food quality standards. We were rated one of the Cleanest Grocery Store from Consumer Reports in 2020. Not to brag or anything, but you won’t find anyone, anywhere beat our food quality standards- seriously. Our Good4U Crew Members carry this passion and mission every day.
- Bachelor’s degree or certification required in Nutrition or Dietetics
- Comfortable coaching and public speaking
- Must have reliable transportation
- Comfortable working in a retail setting
- NHCs must be able to obtain and maintain liability insurance.
- 18 years old or older
- World Class Customer Service Skills
- Open Availability for store hours Monday - Sunday
- Able to work in a nicotine & fragrance-free work environment
Recipe for Success:
- Educate employees and customers about nutrition, all products, and optimal health/healthy living with the intention of supporting store sales.
- Conduct the nutrition portion of the Health Hotline/good4u crew trainings.
- Pull reports for employee LMS “Take-15” and Health Hotline walkthrough education.
- Create and maintain an employee “Glad You Asked” question center.
- Prepare for and present in-store customer nutrition education classes.
- Prepare for and conduct outreach presentations.
- Conduct Sit-Down/In-Store Nutritional Health Coaching Sessions
- Build relationships with community partners by spreading awareness of Natural Grocer’s store services. This includes:
- Seeking outreach presentation opportunities
- Establishing relationships with practitioners who recommend supplements and coaching services to their clients
- Promoting in-store classes and events outside of the store or on external websites
- Researching and contacting potential groups to use the store’s meeting space
- Researching and contacting potential guest presenters
- Proactively establishes and maintains effective working team relationships with all internal support departments.
Natural Grocers is a natural food store founded in 1955 because we care — we care about the environment, we care about the health of our communities, and we care about our crew. We have unique & fun benefits, and we are committed to creating a Diverse and Inclusive environment for our crew. Natural Grocers strives to create an environment where each crew member feels encouraged to show their unique selves.
Grow your career with Natural Grocers! Apply Today!