|Date Posted||July 11, 2019|
Sports, Fitness & Recreation
|Work Hours||Time commitment: 40 HOURS PER WEEK Weekly Schedule: SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS, MONDAYS, TUESDAYS|
Reports to: STUDENT LIVING DIRECTOR
The recreation coordinator plans and facilitates seasonal outdoor adventure activities for Telos U students as well as running the TU ski pass reservation system Dec-May.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and facilitating recreation activities for Telos U students on Saturdays and Sundays
- Creates activity contracts for all higher-risk activities
- Maintains weekly inventory checklist of gear
- Provides upkeep of current gear and purchases new gear as needed.
- Attends weekly all staff meeting in addition to participating in the Senior House Development Committee and the Activities Committee
- Create and develop a part time student REC assistant position.
- Facilitates Ski Pass reservations and contracts for TU staff, students, and parents.
- Problem solves and works in an effective, respectful manner with staff in all departments
- Works with therapists and life-coaches to address physical fitness needs of students
- Works with the young adult population in an appropriate manner, maintaining appropriate boundaries
- Follows policies and procedures regarding students rights, confidentiality, and privacy
- Participates in Telos in-services and trainings
- Assists in AWOL searches
Must be highly motivated, energetic, and enthusiastic to meet demands of high-paced job
Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
Must have good written and oral communication skills, maturity and judgment.
Must be able to take direction from the Student Living Director
Must have current Utah Driver License in good standing and cleared to drive company vehicles
Must be detail oriented
Must have Wilderness First Aid
Experience with at-risk adolescents preferred