|Date Posted||February 12, 2019|
Recreation Coordinator of Aquatics, Camps, and Events serves as a key member of the RSF staff and contributes to the overall mission of the university by providing the following duties and services:
- Coordinate and provide leadership, management, development to Aquatics Program, which includes about 25 employees.
- Manage the Lifeguard head guards, open swim times and lifeguard/aquatics related certifications and training’s.
- Manage the pool users on needs, lane use and basic health/safety
- Create and administer Aquatics 360 Feedback review systems.
- Mentor a Graduate Teaching Assistant on various job tasks.
- Manage the Aquatics budget; purchase and maintain equipment for Aquatics.
- Manage pool reservations and rentals by entities on campus and off campus while working with Sports Facilities and contracts.
- Oversight of all aspects of Bobcat Summer Youth Camp (BSYC). Provide leadership, management, and development to camp programming.
- Manage the BSYC budget; purchase and maintain equipment for BSYC.
- Supervise, hire, train, and manage performance of work related tasks for summer camp staff, which includes about 12 employees.
- Market all camp offerings to MSU and surrounding community each year.
- Attend educational training’s and audit safety and risk management aspects of BSYC yearly.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all camp families.
- Expand RSF department’s youth programming options.
- Utilize Ungerboeck scheduling software as a primary user to input reservations for MSU community and outside renters of HFC spaces, rec turf field and pavilion.
- Develop and execute contracts and invoices for equipment and services related to all RSF reservations.
- Coordinate field use Ungerboeck reservation reports with Grounds to organize maintenance of Lambert complex.
- Supervise, hire, train and manage performance of work related tasks for student staff team and small events.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all rental clients and groups from first inquiry through billing.
- Serve as chair of department Events committee which puts on large scale department events.
- Serve as backup to all duties of the Manager of Operation and Sports Programs.
Other duties as assigned:
- Special Projects for RSF.
- Attend professional Development workshops, certifications and conferences to be at the height of the industry standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Recreation, Leisure Studies, Sports Management, Exercise Science or related field, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience administering formal Youth Camp programs.
- Demonstrated successful experience as a teacher/instructor.
- Record of progressively responsible and successful management experience in planning, budgeting, hiring, staff training, scheduling, and ordering equipment.
- Master’s degree in Physical Education, Recreation, Leisure Studies, Sports Management, Exercise Science or related field.
- Demonstrated successful experience working with social media, Facebook, Twitter and others.
- Experience in Leadership, Professional Development and presenting at industry conferences and workshops.
- Experience working with Fusion and Ungerboeck software systems.
- Have ability to respond to difficult situations with comprehensive and creative outcomes.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented office environment.
- Possess a demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse range of constituents.
- Have ability to effectively train staff and provide in-service opportunities to engage student and instructional staff to higher leadership potential.
- Demonstrate commitment to promoting diversity.
- Have ability to establish and maintain highly effective rapport with diverse student groups and students involved with RSF programs.
- Possess a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a variety of University constituencies, including students, faculty, staff, University Related and alumni.
- Possess a demonstrated ability to use computers for email, word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Possess ability to submit budget requests and budget forecasting for GF/IP programs.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Candidate must have current certifications in CPR/AED and Lifeguard or have the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire. Advanced certifications to include Instructor certification in First Aid and/or CPR, Certified Pool Operator (NSPF), and/or Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor (LGI would also be acceptable with the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts Montana State University’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Montana State University values diverse perspectives and is committed to continually supporting, promoting and building an inclusive and culturally diverse campus environment. MSU recognizes the importance of work-life integration and strives to be responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
Montana State University is committed to providing a working and learning environment free from discrimination. As such, the University does not discriminate in the admission, access to or conduct of its educational programs and activities nor in its employment policies and practices on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, creed, service in the uniformed services (as defined in state and federal law), veteran’s status, sex, age, political ideas, marital or family status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation. In support of the University’s mission to be inclusive and diverse, applications from qualified minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged.
Montana State University makes accommodation for any known disability that may interfere with an applicant’s ability to compete in the hiring process or an employee’s ability to perform the duties of the job. To request an accommodation, contact the Human Resources Office, PO Box 172520, Montana State University, Bozeman MT 59717-2520; 406-994-3651; email@example.com .
In compliance with the Montana Veteran’s Employment Preference Act, MSU provides preference in employment to veterans, disabled veterans, and certain eligible relatives of veterans. To claim veteran’s preference please complete the veteran’s preference information located in the Demographics section of your profile.
MSU’s Non-Discrimination Policy and Discrimination Grievance Procedures can be located on the MSU Website: http://www.montana.edu/hr/disability_accommodation/complaints_grievances.html .