Breckenridge Ski & Sport: Retail and Rental Store Manager
Position: Retail and Rental Store Manager
Location: Breckenridge, CO
Schedule: Full Time
Breckenridge Ski & Sport was born of a passion for Colorado and adventure sports in the great outdoors. With over 20 years’ experience providing enthusiasts with outdoor experiences in Colorado, the team behind Breckenridge Ski & Sport boasts a vast depth of local knowledge, industry professionalism and passion to provide the best Colorado adventure gear. We will never stop striving to provide the highest level of guest service, quality, and experiences with respect to the natural environment in which we adventure.
Why work for Breckenridge Ski & Sport?
- Competitive Pay
- Health Benefits
- Affordable Employee Housing Offered
- Complimentary Peak 1 Express Shared Shuttle Service
- Peak 1 Express Discounts for Family and Friends
- Discounted Adventure Trips with AVA Rafting & Zipline
The Retail & Rental Store Manager is responsible for Breckenridge Ski and Sport retail and rental store operations. She/he is responsible for the full oversight, day to day operations and quality assurance of retail, guest service, rental flow, and sales of Ski/Snowboard/Bike rentals and tuning/repair shop. This position is responsible for all merchandising, inventory management, loss prevention, training, promotion, budget management, maintenance, equipment tuning, policy, procedure, and staff leadership. Oversees hiring, training, coaching, and scheduling of store personnel. A successful candidate will have strong communication skills, proven teamwork, attention to detail, the ability to handle multiple tasks at a time during stressful situations and a proven track record in retail store management. Direct reports may include: Supervisors, Techs and Drivers.
As a core member of the leadership team, the Retail and Rental Manager will be a key player in overseeing special projects, participating in strategy creation, and assisting with development of business plans, budgets, and operational strategies.
- Upholds outstanding and effective visual merchandising standards.
- Develops and maintains a strong working knowledge of the ski & ride retail/rental industry, understand trends, develop good relations with partners and vendors. Ensure equipment is in Rentable condition and complies with all ASTM testing requirements.
- Supports and coaches direct reports to ensure the fundamentals of guest service and sales are met and exceeded and that the team members are working to create a guest environment which is "helpful, animated, and friendly" while assuring sales, service & professional standards are being communicated and upheld.
- Loss Prevention monitoring, education & policies/procedures
- Create and drive a sales culture where staff are up selling and sales targets are clearly understood, and accurately reported.
- Establishes and communicates training, process flow, pricing, policies, and procedures to increase sales, effectively manage expense and mitigate loss.
- Enforces and leads by example safety, personnel accountability, and cleanliness in the workplace.
- Ensures staff receive proper training on regulatory requirements, safety, sales, and product information.
- Provides direction to store supervisors and associates on job duties, tasks, and overall responsibilities
- Maintains positive and productive relationships with other departments, vendors and third-party clients as needed
- Executes on promotions and incentives
- Manages the recruiting process for associates and techs
- Ensures proper replenishment of retail and rental inventory as needed
- Oversees accurate accounting of retail and rental inventories
- Ensures guest service, rental and retail POS accuracy and accounting
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to accomplish results
- Is a visible member of the team, assisting guests with purchases on the floor on a daily basis (being an active member of the sales team)
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
- 5+ years managing a retail store(s)
- 5+ years rental equipment management required
- 5+ years managing employees required
- Bachelor's degree
- Computer skills a must (Excel, POS system)
Breckenridge Ski & Sport is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.