|Location||Winter Park, Colorado|
|Date Posted||July 11, 2019|
Sports, Fitness & Recreation
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the United States. We are located just 67 miles north-west of Denver, which makes us the closest major ski resort to the city. Owned by the City of Denver and managed by Alterra/Winter Park Operations Corporation, Winter Park Resort plays a vital role in the rich history and tradition of Denver mountain parks, and is also one of Alterra’s premier destination resorts in North America. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
The Rental Services Assistant Manager is responsible for Inventory Control, group scheduling of between 6 and 7 Retail/Rental facilities, and Custom Fit/VIP Services ensuring excellent success in the areas of guest services, inventory/cash control systems, loss prevention, retail sales, rental sales, cost management, supply purchasing, product merchandising, store replenishment, initial and ongoing training and daily operating standards.
The Rental Services Asst. Manager will be responsible for inventories up to two million annually through the management of ski, snowboard and bike product and accessories. Additionally, the Rental Services Asst. Manager will be responsible for interdepartmental communication regarding group and Custom Fit/VIP fulfillment, scheduling, inventories and operations. Good written and oral communication skills, computer skills, team play, and cash handling skills required. Days and hours may vary but will include holidays and weekends. Candidates must be willing and able to work mornings starting at 7am and evenings until 9pm. Candidates must have inventory management experience. Duties may also include opening and closing of rental/retail locations, staff management, inventory training, daily and weekly reports and other duties as assigned and will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
Management and Leadership Responsibilities
- Oversee all inventory processes in up to 7 rental/retail locations in order to mitigate loss and provide successful and efficient experiences for both guests and employees.
- Assist Managers and Assistant managers in the development of Nightly, Weekly, and Monthly inventory control SOPs.
- Provide formal and informal feedback to shop managers regarding inventory loss/gain, loss prevention strategies, and inventory audits.
- Oversee and schedule all Rental group business. Communicate with both internal and external business units to schedule fit times, staff shops accordingly, and coordinate lift tickets, lessons and rentals. Must be flexible, organized and have a working knowledge of Microsoft outlook calendar.
- Communicate information to all staff and groups to ensure knowledge of Winter Park Resort activities, events, and changes.
- Assist the management team to ensure accurate accounting of daily inventories, revenues and expenses. Implements policies and operating procedures to assure accuracy, accountability and security of all assets.
- Inventories up to $2 million annually
- Revenue up to $7 million annually
- Expenses up to $40,000 annually
- Contribution up to $3 million annually.
- Review retail/rental stores weekly to verify store and inventory control standards are being achieved and financial/loss prevention goals are being met. Meet with management team to review write-offs, goals and losses.
- Participate in Weekly departmental and interdepartmental meetings in order to plan and execute large group volume to the highest standard.
- Assist Managers in ensuring that scheduling and staffing levels are appropriate for group and daily volume.
- Develop and maintain excellent public relations with existing and prospective vendors as a representative of Winter Park.
- Ensure that rental inventory is appropriately stocked, available and in the correct location for groups and high volume days (which may require physical movement of equipment).
Rental Inventory Specific Responsibilities
- Analyze retail/rental inventory and yield reports with Managers and staff on a constant basis to ensure adequate and consistent allocations. Provide input and make recommendations to the Rental senior manager.
- Implement inventory and accounting procedures and guidelines necessary to minimize internal and external shrink.
- Utilize RTPOne to the fullest extent – including but not limited to – order processing, sales transaction, rental administration, rental/retail reports, and product mapping.
- Create relationships with all Ski, Snowboard and Bike brand representatives to create functional Warranty SOPs.
Group Scheduling and fulfillment Specific Responsibilities:
- Manage group requests purchased through Winter Park Group Sales and external vendors.
- Schedule and Coordinate up to 800 renters and 20 groups for a single rental day.
- Utilize excellent communication skills to manage last minute changes, subtractions and additions to group manifests
- Coordinate group fittings with other departments including, but not limited to – Ski and Ride School, Group Ticketing, Front Range Sales, Group Sales, Season Pass, and Guest Services.
- Manage the processing and fulfillment of all group Rental Contracts. Assist the manager in scheduling adequate staff to ensure smooth group experiences.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft office products is required. Utilize both Microsoft excel and outlook to input fit times and group manifests.
- Create excellent rapport with Winter Park Resort IT department.
- Identify serialization needs and coordinate with IT concerning research and installation of hardware and software to better track inventory and group business.
- Develop procedures and training information for support staff and fellow managers.
- Have an intimate knowledge of all POS systems to execute operations daily.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to work outside in the winter and summer under varying conditions.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of __50___ lbs. with assistance.
- Must have dexterity to operate computer daily.
- Must have auditory and visual acuity to operate computers and phones.
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple, high priority tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily - reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Working knowledge of RTPOne preferred
Valid Driver’s License and clean motor vehicle record required
Rental Management Experience Preferred