|Date Posted||February 9, 2019|
Sports, Fitness & Recreation
- Maintains a safe and secure environment for all participants.
- Uses appropriate disciplinary techniques with participants and logs all incidents.
- Effectively interacts and communicates with teams and participants.
- Accounts for and maintains equipment.
- Must be able to remain composed in emergency situations and make sound judgment decisions during emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Officiate league games.
- Attend all trainings.
- Reports directly to Recreation Coordinator.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have experience officiating volleyball.
- Must have knowledge of volleyball as an official and player.
- Experience playing volleyball.
- Knowledge of volleyball rules.
- Must be able to provide excellent guest service to participants in the program, as well as, to members and guests of the City of Boulder Recreation Centers.
- Ability to communicate effectively when enforcing policies, rules and regulations.
- Promptness and ability to manage time.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to speak/write/understand English.
- Ability to evaluate conditions in assigned area and make judgments related to safety.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution skills.
- Have and maintain acceptable background information, including criminal conviction history.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS - in addition to the required minimum qualifications:
- Knowledge of volleyball skills & strategies.
- Knowledge of volleyball equipment needs & specifications.
- Knowledge of injury prevention & treatment.
- Formal training as an official.
WORK SCHEDULE: Hours vary. Leagues play Monday, Wednesday and Thursday nights from 5:30 – 10:30 p.m. Hours per week varies.
- Must have sufficient strength, agility, stamina, and flexibility to lift, carry or move a variety of objects up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work while crouching, kneeling, bending, stooping, or assisting adults for long periods of time.
- Must have sufficient hearing to be able to hear and discriminate differing sounds in a variety of situations.
- Sufficient vision to be able to discriminate between colors, size, and type of objects and people, both close and distant.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Note: The above description is illustrative only. It is not meant to be all-inclusive.