Director of Ski Operations
Indian tribe in New Mexico seeks highly-qualified Director of Ski Operations (the “Director”) for its well-established ski area. The ski area is associated with the tribe’s large resort and casino enterprises. The ski area has 55 runs, 11 lifts, and a gondola. The ski area provides various recreational opportunities during the summer and operates one of the world’s longest ziplines.
DUTIES: The Director is responsible for the overall operations of, and accountable for planning, organizing, direction and evaluation of ski and summer operations at the ski area to include profit/loss, maintenance of buildings and equipment, restaurant operations, ski school, snow making, mountain trail management, mountain bike trail management, zipline management and marketing and promotion of ski and summer services. The Director answers directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business management or related discipline and 10 years in ski management experience (combination of education and experience may be substituted);
• Knowledge of all aspects of ski area management to include but not limited to: business profit/loss, asset protection and cash management, snow making, mountain trail management, ski school, food & beverage, lift operations, building maintenance, security, marketing/promotion, etc.;
• Commitment to and appreciation for diversity and multicultural values and the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with people of racially and culturally diverse backgrounds;
• Must have strong team management, analytical, time management, organizational and written/verbal communication skills; and
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background investigation.
This job announcement is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Full job descriptions may be requested via email to email@example.com.
Native American preference will be applied. Position is open until filled. Submit resumes to Nelva Cervantes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, facsimile to 575-437-3557, or mail to P.O. Box 1810, Alamogordo, NM 88310. Inquiries may be directed to Ms. Cervantes via the above listed email address or telephone at (575) 437-5750.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com