|Date Posted||August 1, 2018|
Sports, Fitness & Recreation
Cooper’s Ski & Ride School Sales Desk Staff are responsible for a variety of activities within the Ski & Ride School Sales Office. These staff members are enthusiastic about skiing and riding, have great communication skills in dealing with other staff members of the Ski & Ride School as well as the many guests with whom they interact daily, and are highly organized in order to fulfill the needs of guests and complete the tasks at hand.
Duties and responsibilities
- Recognizes that outstanding service is our product and exceeding guest expectations our goal.
- Handles Private & Adult staff work schedules and bookings for Private Lessons
- Handles inquiries, phone reservations, and email confirmations for Children’s School within context provided by supervisors, daily lesson sales and reservations, and Daily Work Calendar
- Answer guests questions concerning Snow Sports lessons, Children’s lessons, and Multiweek programs
- Confirm online reservations with Guests and provide information for a smooth lesson experience
- Track all Pre-Bookings
- Maintain a daily, monthly, season long work schedule of Private & Group Lessons, which meshes guest needs with appropriate instructors.
- MUST – Know and understand the strengths and weaknesses of all Snow Sports Staff.
- MUST – Know and understand the operation schedule and daily limitations of the School for lesson availability
- MUST – Know and understand all School products & programs
- Communicate with Supervisory staff in assigning lessons.
- Work efficiently with the ticketing system to sell products and accurately operate the register assigned to you for the day.
- Make and fulfill reservations
- This position has a high volume of guest contact and serves as a liaison between our guests and Snow Sports Instructors
- Understands and follows the Ski Cooper’s teaching guidelines as well as Professional Ski Instructors of America and American Association of Snowboard Instructor – Rocky Mountain Division with individuality and personal insight.
- Is visible, approachable and available to Guests.
- Reads, understands and complies with Ski Cooper’s Employee Handbook and Ski and Snowboard School Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Is responsible for all information contained in manuals, amendments, addendums, posts on bulletin boards, email postings and morning meetings.
- Recognizes the importance of external and internal guests in the workplace, interfacing in a cooperative and supportive fashion with all departments.
- Is ever-alert to opportunities to better serve the Guest, increase sales of Ski & Ride and the Resort.
- Any other tasks assigned
The Ski & Ride School Sales Desk Staff position is based primarily inside, but may also be outside at times and exposed to temperature extremes (above 85 degrees and below 20 degrees), sun and wind exposure, inclement weather (rain, snow, ice) and high altitudes (10,500+ feet).
Must be able to walk on even/uneven/slippery terrain, climb/descend even/uneven/slippery terrain, climb/descend stairs, stand and/or sit for long periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, lift objects that may be heavy, and ski or snowboard at an intermediate level.
An appropriately extroverted, charismatic sharer with a high level of enthusiasm and energy. Must be flexible, adaptable and willing to grow.
Must completely understand the meaning of the following statement: “We Work When Everyone Else Is On Vacation.”
A positive and professional attitude
Willingness to be part of a team and be a productive teammate
Must be able to work weekends, vacation periods, and on major holidays