|Location||Winter Park, Colorado|
|Date Posted||July 11, 2019|
Sports, Fitness & Recreation
|Work Hours||Full & Part Time|
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the United States. We are located just 67 miles north-west of Denver, which makes us the closest major ski resort to the city. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to“create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Alterra Mountain Company is a community of 12 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Deer Valley in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing& Summer Adventures in British Columbia. We honor each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
The Ski& Ride School at Winter Park Resort is currently looking for inexperienced Ski and Snowboard instructors who are new to the career. The Ski/SB Instructor is primarily responsible for teaching skiing or snowboarding to the guests of Winter Park Resort. This may include class lessons, private lessons and special programs as assigned; for adults and/or children. Lessons are taught using manners and methods prescribed by the Winter Park Ski& Ride School using the Guest Centered Teaching model, with an emphasis on safety and guest satisfaction in order to meet or exceed the motivations and expectations of our guests. Instructors also assist with other Ski& Ride School duties and department needs as assigned.
- Teach lessons as assigned - class, private, special programs; adult and/or children.
- Maintain a friendly, congenial, and helpful attitude while effectively dealing with the guests and other employees.
- Report to all assignments in proper uniform, adhering to all established appearance and uniform guidelines.
- Check in for class and private lessons throughout the day at designated areas as assigned by Supervisor.
- Participate in required Ski& Ride School and Winter Park Resort trainings and orientations.
- Use the GPS System, FLAIk, to check students in on all lessons.
- Maintain a high level of physical conditioning.
- Check your schedule daily and throughout the day using the computers located inside and across the hallway from the Ski& Ride School locker room.
- Report any unsafe conditions regarding equipment and area of work, or elsewhere on the premises.
- Be aware of area cleanliness. Throughout the day, pick up trash.
- Remain current with teaching and skiing/riding skills through participation in WPSRS training as well as PSIA/AASI training. Cross-train in opposite discipline and willingly work in all areas of SRS.
- Full time snowboard instructors who have not obtained their level 2 certification will be required to learn to ski and teach skiing. Once trained, they will teach skiing up to five days a week.
- Work closely with Supervisor or Team Leader to establish goals for the year.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
Must be able to be at Winter Park Resort on time and in uniform for all scheduled shifts.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The primary physical environment in which this position works is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind, rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning, etc...
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered to be high. Often lifting a weight of 50 pounds throughout the day is common.
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or equipment.
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal
employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an“at will” relationship.