Angel Fire Resort is seeking a Slope Operations Manager who will direct and coordinate the activities of the Slope Operations Department by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides daily supervision and management of the slope operations department.
- Develops, implements, and manages employee training programs to ensure that employees are trained properly and follow all procedures at all times.
- Ensures all employees follow the procedures and best practices of snowcat operations.
- Develops and revises all departmental safety policies and procedures, manuals, and protocols.
- Works closely with the Lift Operations manager to ensure that all ramp related grooming addressed.
- Ensures proper completion and filing of all required reports and logs.
- Ensures that all employees are aware of and follow all appropriate Resort policies and procedures at all times.
- Assists with Special Events as necessary.
- Plays an active role in the risk management of the slopes by addressing safety concerns and identifying areas of improvement for overall guest experience.
- Manages department budget, including all purchasing of equipment and supplies, to ensure budgetary goals are met or exceeded.
- Ensures that the team’s appearance, job performance, attitude, and communication create a superior professional image
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations.
- Directs training and indoctrination of workers to improve work performance and acquaint workers with company policies and procedures.
- Prioritize all projects.
- Adheres to all safety guidelines established by the company, municipal, state agencies, OSHA and industry standards.
- Adheres to and participates in the company safety program.
- Maximizes the efficiency and productivity of employees.
- Actively and aggressively manages labor costs.
- Ensures that workers maintain, track, and properly store equipment that is utilized for the job.
- Maintains biweekly attendance sheet (Paycor) and sends to payroll department.
- Works with the Director of Mountain Operations and other mountain operations staff to handle weather related closures.
- Trains employees on procedures and inspects their performance.
- Plans work schedules to ensure adequate service.
- Attends periodic staff meetings with other department heads to discuss company policies and patrons' complaints, and to make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- Ensures employees use equipment, Vehicles, and ATV’s according all best practices, including wearing helmets as required.
- Ensures vehicles are inspected and maintained properly.
- Maintains the cleanliness and appearance of all vehicles.
- Reports all unauthorized mountain use (such as sledding or moonlight skiing) to management.
- Plans, develops, builds, maintains, and tears down the terrain parks.
- Maintains slope drainage and runoff during the summer.
Directly supervises 2 subordinate supervisors who supervise 1-8 employees in the Slope Operations and Terrain Park Departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or experience:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school;
- and at least two years of management experience;
- and at least five years of heavy machine operating experience (including Snow Cats, Winch Cats, Excavators, Bulldozers, Motor Graders, Track Steers for slope grooming, earth excavation, slope maintenance and terrain park construction);
- or equivalent combination of education and experience.
About Angel Fire Resort:
Angel Fire Resort is a top year-round mountain resort destination in New Mexico. The resort is situated at over 8,600′ elevation in the Southern Rocky Mountains, 30 minutes east of Taos and has views of Wheeler Peak, the highest point in New Mexico. Angel Fire strives to offer the best value and choice for family outdoor recreation activities to its members, guests and visitors–including skiing, snowboarding, tubing, sledding, golf, mountain biking, golf, disc golf, zip lines, tennis, fishing, hiking, premium RV sites, dining and more.
Schedule: Full-time, year-round. This position requires scheduling flexibility--and the ability to work weekends, holidays and other peak times as required by demands of the business.
Housing: Limited employee housing is available by reservation. Employee housing is “dorm-style” and ranges from $350-$750/month. A list of local rental resources is available upon request.
Estimated start date: Immediately
Pay: Depends of experience and qualifications
- Health, Dental, Vision, Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off earned at a rate of 20 days per year
- Educational Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Season Pass
- Free and Discounted Buddy Passes
- Dependent Season Passes
- Free/Discounted Lift Tickets at Partnering Resorts
- Free Group Ski/Snowboard Lessons
- Discounted Ski/Snowboard Lessons for dependents
- Discounts at all Resort Restaurants
- Discounted Rentals
- Discounts at Tubing Hill
- Complementary rounds of golf
- Complementary use of driving range
- Reduced Golf Cart rental rates
- Tennis Court Privileges
- Discounted Zip Line tours
- Access to Fitness Centers
- Discounts on hundreds of brands of gear
- Study Areas for remote students