|Location||Steamboat Springs, Colorado|
|Date Posted||July 11, 2019|
Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you’re ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we’d love to hear from you!
In this jack-of-all-trades position, in the summer the position is as the Snowmaking System Technician and the Snowmaking Assistant Manager for the winter. Due to the shift in business need, it is an hourly paid position in the summer and salary in the winter. If you have at least (4) years experience in snowmaking and have knowledge of the Steamboat terrain-apply today!
- Assist with management of snowmaking operation, including supervision of 53 seasonal snowmaking staff
- Assist with safety adherence in all aspects of operation
- Assist with development of operational budget
- Assist with new construction or expansion of snowmaking intrastructure including capital budgeting
- Assist with interviewing, selecting and managing seasonal staff
- Responsible for maximizing efficiencies including safety and staff motivation
- Manage systems for workorders, inventories, personnel rosters and system analysis/documention
- Assist with equipment and system maintenance
- Assist with maintaining a program for training in all areas of snowmaking practices and safety programs
- Ability to analyze and react to changing conditions and operations under pressure
- Employee will assist in maintenance, upgrades and capital improvement of the snowmaking system during off-season.
- Employee will be responsible for assisting with system maintenance during snowmaking season.
- Employee will provide guidance and training for all levels of gunrunners and help oversee operations.
- Employee may act as shift foreman or roving “Whip” during snowmaking season.
- Employee may occasionally represent the snowmaking department at meetings or other functions
- Position required to drive a motorized company vehicle including off road vehicles such as snowmobiles, groomers, ATV's, etc., must provide a copy of their valid driver's license and pass a Motor Vehicle check.
- This is a salaried position during snowmakingin the winter and an hourly paid position subject to overtime through the rest of the season.
- Back stress test and hearing test required post job offer.
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
Previous training and experience in technical electronics and troubleshooting techniques
Thorough knowledge of computer and communications systems, including Excel, Word and Outlook
Must have good working knowledge of snowmaking process and related equipment
Must have experience and ability to operate snowcats and snowmobiles in varying terrain
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to lead and manage team often in stressful situations
Strong analysis and problem-solving skills essential
Experience with computer programming and mechanical equipment maintenance is desirable
Knowledge of Steamboat mountain terrain.
Ability to lead, train and motivate staff.
Ability to adhere to all safety policies
Ability to lift 30-50 lbs on a regular basis; periodically approximately 100 pounds.
Ability to walk, bend over, and shovel snow, and lift, drag and move high-pressure equipment on steep, uneven terrain in day and nighttime conditions.
Must be able to work in a noisy, fast paced environment.
Ability to work in extreme cold, windy and wet conditions with periods of poor visibility.
Ability to safely operate a snowmobile at an advanced level.
Must be able to communicate clearly in English on the phone, radio, and in person
Must be able to write ledgibly
Four years previous snowmaking or similar experience required