Tahoe Mountain Club is a four-season Social Club focused on creating unforgettable mountain moments that allow members and guests to build upon family traditions, embark on new adventures, and create lifelong friendships while sharing all that Tahoe has to offer. We are located within the beautiful mountain town of Truckee, California, minutes away from Lake Tahoe. The Club operates Old Greenwood and Gray’s Crossing Championship golf courses, swim tennis and fitness centers at Old Greenwood and Gray’s Crossing, Alpine Club ski valet and lounge in the village at Northstar California, and Schaffer’s Camp on-mountain dining at Northstar. In total the Club operates four restaurants, each with their own unique dining experience and offering. The Club’s well established private and public venues offer a range of services including traditional breakfast, lunch, dinner, banquets, Member events, weddings and group golf functions.
In the absence of the Executive Chef, the Sous Chef serves as second in command. The Sous Chef assists the Executive Chef in supervising food production, to ensure quality, consistency, sanitation, and cost standards.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Ordering-Knows how to use the order guide to maintain the proper inventory of food based on daily cover counts.
- Receiving-Supervise proper receiving, rotation and storing of all food items.
- Prep-Generate daily list based on cover counts. Supervise proper preparation of daily prep, adhering to recipes, sanitation & safety.
- Daily Specials & New Menu Items-Create daily specials prepping ingredients for the line cooks. Generate new menu items with the Executive Chef based on seasonal ingredients, profitability and whether they fit our menu concept.
- Labor-Be sure all kitchen staff is punched in & following their schedule. If necessary call off a line cook based on reservations. Be sure all new kitchen employees have their paper work completed before they start. Daily check of your labor forecast versus your actual labor dollars to see if you need to make any schedule modifications.
- Cooking-Be able to work all the stations in the kitchen. Fabricate meat & seafood adhering to the proper portion sizes & waste percentages.
- Monthly Inventory-All food products are counted consistently the same way at the end of each month. Prices are up dated at that time to ensure an accurate dollar amount.
- Scheduling Kitchen Staff- Schedule the number of hours each employee is supposed to work and make sure that it is being followed. Your schedule should reflect the budget forecasted for kitchen labor, the correct number of staff to achieve maximum production and the highest quality standards.
- Employee Meals-Plan, delegate and execute daily family style meal for the staff.
- Supervise and Train Kitchen Staff- Train each member of the kitchen at their designated tasks, and crossover training to develop them in other areas. Supervise their job tasks making corrections when needed. Be sure that all kitchen employees are trained on the equipment they will be using following all safety and sanitation procedures.
- Other duties, as needed
- California Food Handler’s Card, required
- Accredited Culinary Training is preferred
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k + Employer Match
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Yearly Incentive Bonus
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Complimentary Golf – up to 5 rounds
- Discounted Green Fees
- ProShop Discount
- $3 Employee Meals
- and many more!
Tahoe Mountain Club is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.