Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center. Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO, includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient care of any hospital across the country.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, comprehensive benefits package (including generous PTO, health insurance within your first 30 days, retirement), being part of an amazing and cohesive team and four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep. Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off, health insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement, which can be viewed here.
Pay range for new hires: $39.04 - $62.45/hr
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition team will help you understand how your direct experience will be considered.
Under general supervision of the Manager and Chief Technologist this person is responsible for providing Ultrasound Imaging of technical detail, requiring independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative in producing quality ultrasound exams and providing clerical services to the department.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Adheres reliably to all accepted patient safety standards.
- Makes value-added resource decision for patient care with respect to supplies, equipment and acuity of care.
- Always ensures accurate documentation including completion of all required forms, sign, date, time and legibility of all documentation. Scan all documents as needed/required.
- Delivers, documents and oversees patient care in accordance with AVH policy, procedure, protocol and TJC or CMS standard interpretation. Demonstrates ability to prioritize all aspects of patient safety and National Patient Safety Goal requirements.
- Maintains complete clinical competence for all patient care delivered in the patient care setting and for all specific radiology technician modalities assigned. Maintains appropriate education and certification requirements for role and radiology technician accountability
- Implements correct charging procedures and monitors daily for accurate charging in the department. Participates in charge master changes, corrections, updates or additions.
- Participates in departmental and organizational education as requested/required. Assists with new staff orientation and mentoring.
- Oversees the appropriate use and maintenance of Ultrasound equipment, and assures appropriate function, patient safety, and troubleshooting needs.
- Keeps patients informed regarding what to expect pre/during/post procedure
- Adheres reliably to all accepted patient safety standards
- Identifies and promotes new learning around changing patient safety standards of practice
- Properly identifies patients using two patient identifiers.
- Reports any patient care concerns to RN or MD or initiates rapid response team as appropriate.
- Follows all security, confidentiality, and privacy policies
- Develops professional goals and diversity of responsibilities within practice; consistent with hospital mission and goals
- Demonstrates role awareness and seeks individualized/department specific continuing education that improves patient care or professional practice.
- Active participant in quality improvement processes
- Identifies need to seek out additional information when needed and apply relevant findings to practice
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional decision making
- Participates and contributes to department meetings and activities.
- Completes Ultrasound Competency Checklist as required, including demonstration of proper use of unit/table, pt/exam protocol, scanning of tech sheet into PACS, sterile tray setup, proper supplies, cleaning of transducer and clearing disk space from US machine.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition; fully stocks area as needed.
- Inspects sterile packages and eliminates damaged or out dated supplies.
- QA on equipment and images
- Maintains clinical competency on department computers and specific modalities.
- Associate Degree in Diagnostic Ultrasound or equivalent from a two year College or hospital program
- RDMS - AB, BR, OB/GYN
- RDCS - AE
- RVT - VT
- BLS certification