Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Reports To: Director of Leisure Sales
The VIP Travel Coordinator at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, provides essential support evolving the role and executing experiences for our travel partners and their clients (our guests). This is a unique role supporting all facets of the leisure sales operation, including the reservations sales process.
As the primary support role for the Director of Leisure Sales (remote-Denver), the VIP Travel Coordinator must be an excellent communicator while acting as a liaison between the DLOS and onsite hotel team, as well as, with Vail Marriott’s travel partners.
This role can frequently shift gears between being an administrative and reporting champion, booking reservations and training our staff on our travel programs, to performing site tours and on-property events on occasion (highly impacted by our seasonal location).
This person is energetic and positive with great communication skills and an excellent ability to collaborate as we continue to evolve and enhance this role and the responsibilities. A high level of detail is required and the ability to multi-task daily. Must have a passion for providing excellent customer service and be a role model for service acumen throughout the hotel and with our travel partners and guests. This candidate is not afraid to work hard to make our growing leisure sales operation the best that it can be.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Director of Leisure Sales (DLOS) and multiple internal departments to create/maintain/enhance current SOP’s, internal training tools and tracking processes. Be the on-property expert and trainer for all assigned travel programs and inclusions.
- Prepare and execute various travel partner communications including contracts, rates and promotions, renovation details and enhancements, booking instructions, invoices & billing, and other needs as required or requested by the DLOS.
- Assist the DLOS, revenue management and marketing teams with updating and maintaining accurate content, pricing and promotions on extranets, partner websites, sales materials etc.
- Maintain accurate daily/weekly/monthly production using reporting systems, shared tracking documents and database programs for travel partner accounts & reservations.
- Attend weekly revenue strategy meetings, operations meetings and daily stand-ups gaining new information and sharing important details with the hotel about the leisure travel programs and arriving guests or on-property events. Communicate pertinent updates as needed to the DLOS.
- Primary point-person for reservations inquiries from our travel partners via phone and email. Provide customized presentations, prepare accurate quotes, upsell premium inventory and promote ancillary revenue while closing sales. Build relationships with the resort’s preferred partners and act as a liaison between the partner, DOLS and on-property departments as needed.
- Responsible for reservation accuracy with proper notations for operations teams to execute a flawless experience for our guests. Work with revenue management and reservations to support accuracy for travel partner reservations in internal reservations systems MARSHA and PMS.
- Perform pre-arrival outreach to our travel partners to collect details about our arriving guests. Create and execute VIP amenities, airport transfers, dining, spa and golf reservations and other activities. Act as the luxury concierge desk assisting travel agents & their guests during pre-arrival, check-in and throughout the length of stay.
- Work with operations teams to effectively communicate VIP arrivals and special details as collected.
- On-Property sites and events: work collaboratively with the DLOS and the travel partner providing organizational support and facilitation for planning on-property site tours and events. This includes making reservations, creating/maintaining detailed rooming lists, securing on-property locations, dining reservations, preparing site rooms, ordering special amenities and more. Responsible for communicating all details and schedule of the site or event to the DLOS, partner and the entire hotel through various processes.
- Provide support for all in-house travel partners, FAMS and/or their guests.
- Ability to plan and perform site tours and on-property events as needed and on own and/or with the DLOS.
- Ability to perform sales webinars via phone and assist with planning sales missions as requested.
Candidates should have at least 1 full year of previous experience as a sales coordinator or a reservations sales associate/supervisor in a fast-paced work environment, or at least 2 full years of experience in a similar role/s performing detailed administrative tasks, customer-facing interactions (via phone, email and in-person), and interdepartmental leadership in some capacity.
Experience in resorts, hotels, and/or sales and marketing is preferred. Excellent office and organizational skills including office procedures, tracking systems and equipment. Strong PC skills, MS Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Proven command of the English language, both oral and written, an overall excellent communicator. Excellent telephone and email etiquette. Proficient skills in proofreading and editing. Handles responsibility and pressure. Ability to use independent, analytical judgment and demonstrate creative problem-solving for assistance with sales & marketing projects. Team player and enjoys contact with the public. Multi-lingual desired in Spanish and Portuguese, but not required.
Position requires the ability to utilize data from and operate the following programs (training will be provided):
- MARSHA and PMS
- 3rd party extranet (if requested)
- Other systems as required
**Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
One Job – Double the Benefits.
Working for the Marriott at Vail gives you access to the phenomenal mountain town that is Vail, CO and all the perks that come with being a Vail Resorts Employee (Free Ski Pass, discounted lodging at all Vail properties, discounts on retail items and FB locations). Not only that, but take advantage of the Marriott team member benefits (discounted room rates at all Marriott’s nation-wide) to truly get the most out of your hospitality experience. Come join our team of incredible people with passion for customer service and making sure everyone checking in feels like they are home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 175857