The Portfolio Manager is responsible for maximizing the sales of supplier wine and spirit brands to the trade through effective territory planning, selling, merchandising and communication that enables the achievement of company and supplier objectives. This is a 1099, commission-only position with a competitive commission structure .
This Portfolio Manager opportunity will call on accounts in the Vail or Winter Park territories.
● Develops pre-plans on how best to achieve sales and merchandising objectives by understanding company pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis and maintaining accurate historical account purchase information.
● Calls on accounts and covers daily routes by developing an effective and efficient routing pattern.
● Prepares and delivers professional sales presentations to customers with an aim to achieve shared customer, supplier and company goals to include new products, shelf, well and back bar placements.
● Attains standards of performance goals by achieving the distribution, volume and activity goals of supplier brands as set by management.
● Understands and works with management on inventory levels by being aware of current inventory and out of stock situations and by alerting management to possible fluctuations in demand.
● Ensures maximum brand visibility within accounts by maintaining account standards as determined by management and using effective and current point of sale materials when appropriate.
● Manages customer account receivables by timely processing of credits and returns and communicating with accounts on aged receivables.
● Maintains professional relationships with all suppliers by participating in supplier work with sales calls, and blitzes.
● Maintains appropriate inventory levels at accounts by taking inventory and restocking shelves (where legally permissible).
● Obtains payments for the company by collecting and delivering checks or other remittance from accounts where legally permissible.
● Educates customer’s staff on priority brands through educational staff training seminars.
● Supports account openings by developing opening orders for new accounts in collaboration with Field Sales Manager.
● Services accounts by delivering products to customers (in extreme circumstances), handling customer issues and complaints and referring these issues, as appropriate to management.
● Attends and actively participates in weekly sales meetings.
● Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
● Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience preferred.
An understanding of wine and/or spirits is required with related channel experience preferred.
Must be a detail and results-oriented, deadline-driven professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills.
Strong customer service and interpersonal skills with ability to use diplomacy and discretion.
Ability to multitask, work independently and/or within a team.
Proficiency in PC skills using MS Office and other various programs including presentation software.
Familiarity with assigned territory is a plus.
The position requires the use of a personal motor vehicle and a valid driver's license.
Understands the importance of teamwork and the benefits of contributing to a team mentality.
Wine and/or spirit knowledge is a plus
Physical Demands of Job:
Carrying and lifting 45-65 pounds
Overhead and immediate reaching to perform various duties
Standing and walking for periods of time to perform various duties
Squatting or bending to perform various duties as assigned
About Momentum Beverage Team
Momentum Beverage Team was founded to promote and distribute artisan wine & spirits. Our experienced team is focused on building brands while maintaining strong partnerships with our suppliers and customers.
To our customers, Momentum Beverage Team is committed to providing you with high-quality products followed up with exceptional service and knowledge.
To our suppliers, we will continue to communicate openly and honestly, set and achieve goals, and most importantly, work together as a team.
To our employees we strive to offer a work environment that is challenging and fulfilling. We are growing quickly and we want our people to be growing with us both personally and professionally.
We pride ourselves on our hard work and team focus. If you think you would be a good fit please apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Momentum Beverage Team is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics.