|Location||Copper Mountain, Colorado|
|Date Posted||July 11, 2019|
Sports, Fitness & Recreation
Full-time, seasonal position. Private Lesson Ski and Ride School Supervisors are career and goal oriented individuals with the ability to supervise all aspects of Ski School Operations. Responsibilities include engaging high levels of customer satisfaction, employee engagement and financial results, by using available technology, business & communication systems, supervising daily and seasonal staffing needs, training employees, forward planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and discipline of employees; addressing complaints; resolving problems; scheduling, implementing orientation and exit procedures of employees; leveraging our programming, resources and people, to positively affect our revenue and labor performance. Current level 2 PSIA or AASI (or equivalent) certification and industry experience is required. Current PSIA/AASI children's accreditation and certification in both disciplines is strongly preferred. This position will be working with guests of all ages and abilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Add value to the leadership team, the school and resort by being enthusiastically engaged from start to finish
- Supervise daily and seasonal staffing needs to maintain targeted class averages, and engage employee and guest experiences.
- Monitor classes to ensure our staff are creating the best memories again and again, by looking at teaching & technical content, lesson pace and guest service delivery.
- Maintain a high level of accessibility, profile, and visibility with employees
- Monitor splits, class averages, and return business for quality and budgetary controls.
- Receive feedback and recommendations from guests
- Provide support to instructors and guest service agents in situations where guest concerns escalate.
- Handle all inquiries and complaints in a professional and competent manner and when necessary determine what kind of compensation would be appropriate to remedy the situation to create a win-win solution for Copper Mountain and the guest.
- Implement initiatives, content and programs for new-hire training; certification training; returning staff training; company training programs.
- Train for self-improvement, leadership skills towards management, and career development).
- Own the Zone: example: facilitate maintenance and upkeep of signage, grooming, and animation in ski and ride school meeting areas. Monitor grooming and uniform standards of instructors.
- Any special duties assigned by Ski and Ride School Managers
- Safely operate a snowmobile
- Understand and operate our resort software, RTP.
- Supervise and administrate Flaik GPS operations
- Maintain honesty and integrity of proprietary information
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel) is required.
- Risk Management:
- Implement safety SOP's and always view the work environment in a way to ensure the safety and well-being of our staff and guests are primary focus.
- Report accident/incident in a timely manner following procedures and supplying proper documentation. Provide training and guidance for instructors to reduce guest/instructor incidents.
- Assess facilities, procedures, and environmental factors, which promote the comfort and safety level of SRS participants and all guests.
- Cooperate with Ski Patrol for accident reporting, sweep, and mountain emergencies.
- Coordinate the timely processing and administration of:
- Assigning general duties, piece or request work, based on guest programming and business volumes
- Incident and accident reports
- Workers' Compensation claims
- Daily check-out for payroll
- Mid-season and End of season reviews
- Response to Guest letters
- Scheduling full- and part-time employees for daily staffing
- Employee-of-the-Month recommendations;
- Record locker assignments and combinations
- End-of-season instructor information
- Employee documentation (such as appraisals and written warnings)
- Develops a rapport with instructors quickly, establishing a connection with the instructor(s) almost immediately. Making each instructor feel special and unique will then build confidence with their student(s) and allows them teach a lesson that is safe, fun, and instructional to the guest.
- Develops a rapport with fellow supervisors quickly, establishing a connection with the supervisor(s) almost immediately.
- Develops a rapport with guest quickly, establishing a connection with the guest(s) almost immediately. Making each guest feel special and unique will build confidence with thier instructor (s) and allows the lesson to provide safety, fun, and learning to the guest.
- Engages the staff 100% of the time, while still focusing on individual and unique employees needs. Goes above and beyond expectations to have a positive impact on each employees.
- Identifies different motvations among staff and is able to effectively demonstrate different coaching styles to reflect them.
- Understands what the beginner ski progressions are for different age levels of students, and has the ability to train/demonstrate them to the instructor/class. Additionally, the superviors will be able to identify ability level in students, and split them into groups by ability level when needed.
- Has a serious focus on safety and whereabouts of all instructors & guest. In addition, is able to train the instructor(s) safety as part of the mountain experience.
- Models the values, philosophy, and mission statement of Copper Mountain Resort; strives to create the best memories for the guest again and again.
- Acts as a real team member, cooperating with all employees, including fellow SRS instructors, supervisors, and employees from all other departments.
- Responds quickly and effectively to a wide variety of situations including possible emergencies while maintaining composure and keeping students and fellow employees calm.
- Manages personal stress levels, and is able to maintain balance between work and personal life.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- All salaried team members are expected to participate in the company's Front Line Assist program to assist in operations as needed, as well as to participate in Leadership events such as meetings, required trainings, and participating in employee dinners/events
- 300 Ski and Ride School Instructors
- Role model to Ski & Ride School professionals.
- Career and goal oriented.
- Team player, able to work productively in a team environment
- Is honest and has the highest integrity.
- Is able to handle and supervise confidential information.
- Has excellent communication skills, and feels comfortable addressing large groups of people.
- Considers the guest's best interest in mind at all times.
- Professional appearance. Not only adheres to grooming guidelines, but is comfortable discussing a lack thereof with other employees.
- Follows established policies and procedures. Is supportive of Core Values. Sets the example for others and is above reproach. Is comfortable challenging established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish.
- Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast-paced, potentially high-pressure environment.
- Is flexible with hours and days of work. Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week, including holidays.
- Works well with little supervision
- Team player, able to work productively in a team environment
- Able to separate business and personal life (professional boundaries)
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Due to our dynamic environment, candidates must be open-minded and ready to learn new skills. In addition, upon hiring, Supervisors will begin to attend applicable leadership classes. Supervisors should also be able to multi-task, independently problem solve using good judgment, and assess situations that may or may not need to be passed along to a Ski and Ride School Manager. Supervisors should have excellent communication and leadership skills. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel) is required.
Must be able to read Copper Mountain literature & forms
Must have fine motor skills
Must be able to ski to all locations on the mountain
Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted. This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Current PSIA or AASI (or equivalent) level 2 certification and industry experience is required.