Relocating is a task made easier by hiring professionals to assist you with your move. Moving companies specialize in all the unique techniques that will make your move as smooth as possible. If your planning on leaving San Francisco enlist the help of your local moving company to aid you in the process of moving.
How Much Does it Cost to Move from SF to LA?
Is it more expensive to live in San Francisco or Los Angeles?
Despite the fact that Los Angeles is an expensive state to live in, San Francisco still remains more expensive. There is an appreciable difference between San Francisco and Los Angeles in regards to population. About 4 million people live in the city of Los Angeles while only about 865,000 people live in San Francisco. When home prices are compared between the two cities the median home price in Los Angeles is $674,000. However in San Francisco they have a median home price of $1,342,000.
So how much do movers cost in SF?
The price for home movers in San Francisco all hover between an hourly rate of $100-$120 per hour for two movers.
What Questions Should You Ask a Moving Company?
- How can I contact you and the driver during the move?
- Do you use subcontractors for any of your moves?
- Are there any other additional fees I should be made aware of?
- Is there a cancellation policy?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- Are there any restrictions on what I can pack?
- Do you pack electronic items ?
- What type of insurance do you provide?
- Are you licensed?
Well you’ve got a few suitors but now it’s time to make a choice; how do you evaluate a moving company?
Here’s the things to look for when determining whether you’ve found the right company:
- Rates. Determine whether or not the rates are competitive compared to other moving companies in the area?
- Reputation and experience. Look at the online reviews and take note of their completed moves.
- Packing procedures. Make sure that there are packing procedures to ensure that your belongings won’t be damaged.
How Do I Prepare For a Moving Company on the Day I Move?
To prepare for the moving company on the day of the move, you can simply begin with cleaning. A clean and orderly home is always easier to navigate when moving heavy furniture.
Additionally, you will want to check in with your moving company on the day of to ensure that there aren’t any hiccups. Have your appliances already disconnected and prepared for the move, label your boxes and gather your important paperwork and keep it in a secure place.
Don’t forget to have plans for your children and pets so as to not have them bored and restless on the day of the move.
How to Pick a Reliable Moving Company in San Francisco?
The way that you go about choosing a competent moving company is to begin with a little research. Be sure to review the company’s site, going over the reviews left by previous customers to get an idea of their reputation. Finally, make sure that the company’s number one priority is to meet your individual needs and if this is the case then everything else should be a breeze. At CNYX, they’ve got you covered!