Started noticing this past week more visitors searching for Colorado ski resort opening dates for 09-10 so I decided to see what I could find. The truth of the matter is that much of this depends on Mother Nature. Praying to the Snow Gods and snow dances (check out this snowmobile family snow dance) all starts soon.
In the meantime, here are projected opening dates for Colorado’s upcoming 09-10 ski season,
- Aspen Mountain: November 26, 2009
- Snowmass Mountain: November 26, 2009
- Aspen Highlands: December 12, 2009
- Buttermilk Mountain: December 12, 2009
- Keystone: Nov 6, 2009
- Breckenridge: Nov 12, 2009
- Vail: Nov 20, 2009
- Beaver Creek: Nov 25, 2009
- Crested Butte – November 25, 2009
- Winter Park November 18, 2009
- Steamboat Ski Resort November 25, 2009
- Copper Mountain November 14, 2009
A-Basin and Loveland, as you know, tend to open as soon as they can start making enough snow, and hopefully that will be some time in October. Durango and Telluride, we will update as soon as more information is published. So with a little bit of luck, Colorado skiers will be celebrating Thanksgiving the way they like best, thankful and feasting with friends and family after a day out there in some light powdery early season snow.
3 Comments to “Projected Opening Dates For Colorado Ski Resorts 09-10”
Loveland is opening tomorrow, October 7, earliest opening date in their 40 year history. A-Basin will follow with a Friday opening, October 9th.
I think a basin opens on oct 1 and loveland oct 7
i really want to ski