With a huge shift in recent years from winter based ski towns to four season resorts, summertime in the Rocky Mountains is the place to be. We now have quite a bit more entertainment to experience, and many more year round jobs. I am not sure that I can say that the traditional off season here in Jackson Hole still even exists. There seems to always be something going on in and around the valley these days.
Back to summer though. Festivals. There are film festivals, wildflower festivals, art festivals, music festivals, wellness festivals, mushroom festivals … you name it, I’m thinking someone up in the high country is celebrating it.
Summer happenings coming up:
- Telluride Jazz Fest
- Mountain Arts Festivals
- Crested Butte Wild Mushroom Festival
- Aspen Music Festival and School
- Hot Chili Days, Cool Mountain Nights – Red River, New Mexico
- Alpenglow Chamber Music Festivals
- The Red Lodge Festival of Nations,
- Targhee Bluegrass Festival, Grand Teton Music Festival
- Grand Teton Music Festival
- Sun Valley Summer Symphony
- The Northern Rockies Folk Festival